View Single Post
Old 07-30-2017, 04:45 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Timmy1028

Tough one. I'm lucky as my spouse has not held my alcoholism over my head. Now, that being said I only will get so many chances. Everyone's situation is different as we are all different. Not all marriages are the same as they are between different people who have different needs and different expectations than others in the world.

There are two things that I can tell you and I am 100% sure of them -

1. Don't drink over this situation or any other - as uncomfortable or downright crappy as it may be the booze is only going to make it worse. I won't belabor this because we all know that here.

2. More importantly, surround yourself with the people, places and things that are going to offer you the support you need. Maybe focus more of your energy on school, AA, work, a book club, etc.-whatever interests you.

While it might sound bad, if you're not getting the support you need from your spouse, than don't rely on him too much. Not saying you have to get a divorce, separate, etc. - maybe just sort of coexist for a while. It's not ideal, but he might need some space and some healing time too.

Once the healing takes place and you've gotten a better handle on your situation, and he on his, you will rediscover each other again in a different way.

Just my thought.