Thread: Update
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 04:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
RainbowBird

Hi Stewy,

I have been thinking about you and you have my support. Right now, I'm dealing with very similar circumstances that kicked off a 5-6 year run of hard drinking. I'm very tempted to go to the store and buy a box of wine.

But I know it won't solve anything, it'll just make things worse. So I sit here and ignore it and focus on enjoying time with my kids, sober. I only have about 3.5 hours until it's time to put the kids to bed and if there's no wine in the house then, I will have made it another day as I won't feel like going out to get any.

I share this as a way to say it took me hard work and changes to get to this point of not drinking over it. I work at it every day, sometimes 10 minutes at a time. It's uncomfortable sometimes. I have to have faith that it will get better if I put in the hard work, but maybe not on the timeline I want.

You are worth recovery. Next time instead of drinking, work on your recovery plan. Also, don't expect that not drinking means everything will always be rainbows and unicorns, sometimes life still gets challenging. It's ok to not feel ok in sobriety and not drink over it.