View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 03:21 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
izzy8

..."Tops, your comment for Mariah, about .."..the two things that are non- negotiable: your sobriety (first) and honesty (to yourself)...." is a wonderful and wise foundation to live by. Without sobriety there's little hope of true honesty. And living a life of true honesty and personal authenticity is freedom indeed."

so well said, free.

This is so true and how I used to live my life ... I remember a close friend in grad school telling me I helped him to be more "free", ... I want to be that person again but can't be that to other peeps if I'm not there myself!

a lot of who I am has been watered down ... don't even have hobbies anymore, really ... how sad!

I think I know what my main trigger is ... also, it's difficult for me to "shut it down" ... my brain ...

Exercise really helps. Did Zumba the other day and loved it. it really does make me feel better. so I need to make that a priority first thing or it will never happen.

there has been such a lack of balance for me- being home full time has been a blessing but it has isolated me in a lot of ways- especially bc of the nature of my husbands job- and that we've moved a lot ... at least I won't be the pastors wife anymore (he's going to do something else for a while), kids are doing well in school and I'll have a job- something of my own. It's a little overwhelming but I know I need it. My dad knows me very well, we are pretty close and he is so excited that I'll be working. I think he's noticed how out of whack things have become.

Those aren't reasons for drinking, of course- but all that added to the tragedy we faced 10 years ago was like the perfect storm for this wine ball to get really rolling ...

and I really do need a life change-

watching "saving private Ryan" with teenage son number 3 tonite. It's like a right of passage into manhood or something with them. Got him all ready for football today. He's such a cutie

thanks for the support fools!

xxx