Class of April 2014 Part 31

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-30-a-20.html

D
Old 07-05-2017, 08:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Thank You Dee hope all is well with you

Hey TS, hope you enjoy your time with the girls .....enjoy her celebration & safe travels.

Craziness here last night with the fireworks, had the animals in but still scared to death....glad it's over. Made it to the weight room after work today, after running up & down the stairs in a quiet stairwell at work. Felt great to go, I've been on "vacation" too long & hoping it will help get anxiety back in check. Has been pretty bad this last month, despite taking my medications every day.

Thinking of you all
Old 07-05-2017, 10:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That's great Mariah -I have to admit, I've been skipping my morning workouts this past week too. It's difficult to get back to a healthy routine. Why is it so easy to fall back in to unhealthy habits, but so difficult to fall back in to healthy ones?
I'll get back to it at the weekend - just getting to work in the morning seems like a big deal for me at the moment.

I've even had a break with my proofreading course. I need to get back on track - I can see things slipping a bit.

Have a great day all.
Old 07-06-2017, 10:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Friday morning here, I'm hoping to have some time at work today to catch up on lots of admin - it would be nice to start next week with a clear slate.

Hope everyone's had a good week so far.

I'm in for the Bargain!
Old 07-06-2017, 10:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Boom.....

10 weeks.

Thanks Dee.

I'm in for the bargain.
Old 07-06-2017, 10:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats obo

In, guys

D
Old 07-07-2017, 10:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great stuff, Obo
Old 07-07-2017, 01:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Way to go Obo!!!! I'm in am picking 2 great Nieces up after work & they will be with me for the weekend so probably won't have time to post much. Plan to stay cool in the back yard. Have a great weekend all!!
Old 07-08-2017, 12:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Enjoy your time with your great nieces, Mariah.

Just finished my morning interval workout. I feel like I'm back on track. It's amazing how much better I feel after a bit of cardiovascular exercise. Such a simple thing, but easy to let slide.

I'll be doing a job search this weekend, and hopefully get some more of my proofreading course finished.

Have a great weekend all
Old 07-08-2017, 07:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

keep losing post when I hit a backspace button,....crummy pc I tell ya !!!
Old 07-08-2017, 07:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

keep losing post when I hit my dag gum backspace button ,....crummy pc I say !
Old 07-08-2017, 08:03 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Must have walked a quick couple miles already at work tonight ,... the normal 8 hour drive back from Tenn. was stretched out an hour or so from the crazy traffic coming in and a log jamb getting on I-95 South.

Had some good fun up there playing hide-and-seek , .. tag, and basketball with the girls Thursday and Friday. One of the twins ,...7 has become a promising sketch artist with a pen !

Literally cannot ,....cannot wait !! ,...to start working only 2 nights a week at some point ,..hopefully soon ,.....the sooner the better !
Old 07-08-2017, 10:53 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

I hope that happens for you soon too TS. I'm sure those must be some long nights......your on the down hill slide tonight! Glad you had some fun with the girls

I've just gotten the little ones to sleep for the night. I'm not a napper but laid down with them earlier today & fell asleep with them after a busy am with a visit to their Cousins, my Grandsons for some fun. I set up a slip & slide in back yard & a little pool.....close to 100 so staying cool is the name of the game! They are some characters & they think their Auntie is pretty funny. Their Mom, my Niece is about 1/2 way through a year of drug court......she is in a program mandated by the court for a year & she is under close watch by them. she seems to be doing well & has recently started working which I think is a good thing for her. She & kids have had zero structure so it's a challenge for her & pray that she stays clean & finds her way. The meth/heroin in our area is bad.....saddest thing ever the lives it destroys.

Have a good Sunday Fools
Old 07-10-2017, 12:10 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Two nights a week sounds like a good balance Tops. I hope you're able to reduce your hours soon.
I think a lot of work situations are more stressful than they used to be. There's just so much competition, the workforce are often treated like expendable machines rather than human beings. I think it will turn round again, and someone will realise that a happy workforce = a hard working workforce.
I've just downloaded a Byron Katie book on to my kindle "loving what is.." I'm hoping her method of personal enquiry will help me to clear out some unhelpful patterns of thinking that I seem to be harbouring at the moment (mainly work related stuff).
I felt so stressed yesterday morning, before I set off to see my parents, that I ended up being so irritable and shouted at my partner (about some trivial misdemeanour). I apologised and tried to explain how I was feeling, but it's taken until this morning for him to start talking to me properly. He does this big "sulk" thing, that can be very annoying!
I think I could do with some time away, just to have some time on my own would help a lot I'm sure. It's not possible at the moment, but perhaps later in the year. I'm really looking forward to seeing Eckart Tolle in September.

Anyway, I hope everyone's week gets off to a great start.
Old 07-10-2017, 05:34 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Freein, ....how did your Monday go ?

I contemplated a bike ride ( for about 30 seconds ) and decided to go for a walk instead . We have a couple beach parking lots pretty close that are relatively new ,.......
The beach folks visit near my place used to be almost inaccessible ( hence , pretty darn private , in a way ) years ago,... but I discovered something wonderful today down there. An old fresh water wetlands creek pouring out into the bay used to shorten the beach down to the left at about 500 meters, ....but it seems nature has changed things because the beach goes on and on for at least 2 or 3 miles in that direction now !
And it's almost 100% private, ...since none of the beach combers venture down that far around the bend ( according to the tracks I saw )

It gave me a chance to jog ( well," jogging " is running ,...and what I'm doing is "shuffling " ,.....a slow shuffle . Pretty sure I can easily walk faster than I shuffle .

That's what got me a little discouraged from trying to jog on the beach after my knee reconstruction years ago ,.....too damn many "fitness walkers" passing me !??

Down on this secluded section of beach I found today ,...it shouldn't be a problem . lo
Old 07-10-2017, 07:47 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Sounds like a nice spot TS I love little places like that.

Busy evening & still need to go out & water....have a good week all!
Old 07-10-2017, 10:10 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Im imagining your stretch of beach there TS....you'll be sprinting it before long. Sounds like a great place to be inspired.

Just settling in here for the night, a lot going on lately. oldest brother coming with his teen Grandson at the end of the week & will be staying with me some. I'm also getting my garage cleaned up (again) to make room for Nephews dirt bike my Son & he are going to bring here to work on together. Trying to connect more with my family & not be such a hermit.
Old 07-11-2017, 12:00 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Tops, it is wonderful to have a beach to yourself - just the place for a solitary walk or jog. I think I might even be tempted to do some yoga or Tai chi, (that should frighten off any unsuspecting beachcomber who may have ventured round the corner!)

My week has started off ok, but I'm just a bit unsettled at the moment. I feel a change is needed, but I'm not sure what to change. I'd like some time away to get away from my routine, and really mull over my life's path, but I don't have that option at the moment.

Mariah, you're talking about coming out of your "hermitage", and I'm talking about finding mine! It's a funny world isn't it?
Old 07-12-2017, 12:00 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

having trouble with internet & now it is late & too tired to post. night all
Old 07-12-2017, 12:32 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Get some good sleep Mariah ,....

I just got off work an hour and a half ago ,.... about ready to turn in myself !
3 days off now !