View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 12:07 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
freein14

It's good that you've posted, Izzy <3

Have you investigated what it is about that situation that triggers you? Are there particular thoughts that come to the surface, thoughts that perhaps are unhelpful?

One of the lessons in "a course in miracles" is: "i am never upset for the reason I think".

Sometimes a situation can help us identify a deep rooted unhelpful belief that is holding us back from enjoying life fully. It will be interesting to hear how you plan to deal with this situation in the future, Izzy. It could be an important hurdle for you.

Our visitors left this morning, then I visited my parents, now I'm feeling really tired. I just can't cope with late nights these days. I feel a bit awkward when people visit these days. It's just weird watching people drink, being reminded of how I used to be (actually, I was even worse). It's humbling and leaves me feeling thankful for my sobriety.
Tops, your comment for Mariah, about .."..the two things that are non- negotiable: your sobriety (first) and honesty (to yourself)...." is a wonderful and wise foundation to live by. Without sobriety there's little hope of true honesty. And living a life of true honesty and personal authenticity is freedom indeed.

What a liberation that is from the anxieties we usually associate ourselves with.
Long may it continue!