Thread: 40 days!
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 12:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Kksgal

40 days!

Hi everyone! I finally decided to come out of lurk mode! Today I am celebrating day 40 of sobriety! I am your typical almost 40 mom, a professional working woman who felt like that bottle of wine or that 6 pack was my treat for working hard. I also used it as a self medication, which also made my anxiety worse! Go figure! I decided to stop drinking after a 4 day getaway realizing I had drank a whole case of beer and had shots and it didn't seem to phase me. I should have been hammered! I was tired of being sick and tired! This has been like a roller coaster. I went through a high of excitement and I get bouts of "oh just 1 or 2 won't hurt" but then I know better than that! My husband has been a huge support! He never has had a problem but he stopped drinking too as a support system. I also read the book by Allen Carr which really helped! So here I am, thanks for reading my post! Oh and I just got back from a 7 day beach trip.....what a difference and how much more enjoyable it was to not be hungover!!!!