Notices

40 days!

Old 07-23-2017, 12:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

40 days!

Hi everyone! I finally decided to come out of lurk mode! Today I am celebrating day 40 of sobriety! I am your typical almost 40 mom, a professional working woman who felt like that bottle of wine or that 6 pack was my treat for working hard. I also used it as a self medication, which also made my anxiety worse! Go figure! I decided to stop drinking after a 4 day getaway realizing I had drank a whole case of beer and had shots and it didn't seem to phase me. I should have been hammered! I was tired of being sick and tired! This has been like a roller coaster. I went through a high of excitement and I get bouts of "oh just 1 or 2 won't hurt" but then I know better than that! My husband has been a huge support! He never has had a problem but he stopped drinking too as a support system. I also read the book by Allen Carr which really helped! So here I am, thanks for reading my post! Oh and I just got back from a 7 day beach trip.....what a difference and how much more enjoyable it was to not be hungover!!!!
Old 07-23-2017, 02:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Kksgal!
Glad you are here. I will turn 41 soon and spending my second bday in a row sober is amazing (I just passed 17 mo sober).

You already see so much that is different and better in your life (and it's wonderful that you have a supportive husband- my fiance is one of my bedrocks). Are you working a program? Now seems like a good time to add another level to your sobriety. For me, it's a dedication to AA, for others it's different (SMART, AVRT, etc) - and the common thing we all find is that a program of action, to do every day and that gives us tools and answers and new ways of thinking is key.

Best to you in sobriety- hope to see you post more!
Old 07-23-2017, 02:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome! Sounds like you are off to an awesome start to a wonderful journey. It just keeps getting better!
Old 07-23-2017, 04:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
Hey Kksgal!
Glad you are here. I will turn 41 soon and spending my second bday in a row sober is amazing (I just passed 17 mo sober).

You already see so much that is different and better in your life (and it's wonderful that you have a supportive husband- my fiance is one of my bedrocks). Are you working a program? Now seems like a good time to add another level to your sobriety. For me, it's a dedication to AA, for others it's different (SMART, AVRT, etc) - and the common thing we all find is that a program of action, to do every day and that gives us tools and answers and new ways of thinking is key.

Best to you in sobriety- hope to see you post more!

I really don't have a program, I will check out the ones you mentioned today! Thanks for the input!!! 👍👍
Old 07-23-2017, 05:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome! Congratulations on 40 days!
Old 07-23-2017, 06:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on 40 days!
Old 07-23-2017, 06:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats on 40 days!
I'm just 4 days ahead of you.
Isn't this sober life, incredible.
I do agree with others to get involved with some program. It really does strengthen your sobriety.
For me it is AA
So happy you are here and sober with us
Old 07-23-2017, 11:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sounds great Kksgal...congratulations on
40 days 💜

Wishing you well on the rest of your recovery journey x
Old 07-23-2017, 07:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to the posting side of things and congrats on 40 days kksgal

D