View Single Post
Old 07-21-2017, 08:11 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Delizadee

Mmm, ocean breezes, and hot and humid both sound wonderful.
It is a strugglin' to be nice here. We're getting some of the smoke from the forest fires way west of us, I have a sneaking suspicion that is part of the dreary weather we're having. I'm ok with that, it's summer, as long as we get some sun I'm happy.

Thanks SG, I am doing alright. I am hitting wall where I have this internal battle with trying to control and letting go of control. There ego, I tell on you. Now go back to your hole and let me be humble.
Going to try and practice mindfulness and gratitude. Trust the process.
Going to challenge myself to NOT complain.
My to do list is getting accomplished at a very satisfying rate.
Some things I can control by fixing-
Getting better rest; kick my kid out of my bed permanently. Telling my neighbours to shut the hell up at 4 am. Please and thanks. Going to let myself nap when I can and need it.
Not letting physical pain rule my mood; I am going to pick up some ibuprofen. I am back to daily head aches, I think I need to up my water intake but waking up hurting from the shoulders up puts me in aw awfully foul mood.

Really the letting things go and turning it over- I am pushing myself to do my step work, reach out to my sponsors, journal. Praying, working on the gratitude. Stop with the reacting- work on the acting on what I can control. Serenity prayer.

Is it really Friday?? Going to take Devil Cat to get fixed right away. I take satisfaction in that. Evil I know.
Have coffee with a program buddy this afternoon, I think meeting with my sponsor later. Having a nap at some point.
Ahh, just writing that all out I feel better.
The counseling for my son will work itself out. I have been banging at as many doors as possible to get him in somewhere for a month now. I trust it's going to happen.
In any case, things are all good here. Nothing too exciting to report.
One day at a time, I still live with the crazy, just in a more enjoyable way, ha.

Happy sober Friday all! No drinking here.
xo Del