View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 07:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
atalose

Im finding myself wresting with the idea of child support enforcement.
On one thought process I see her needing to have some kind of responsibility to the kids.
On another, is that forcing her to do something she isn't ready to do? How does that fall into the "not trying to force an addict or anyone to do something" category.

I guess my thoughts on this are, isn’t addiction all about escaping reality, not wanting to deal with life on life’s terms. Shaking accountability and responsibility? If a court has set an order for child support she is obligated to abide by that order or suffer the natural consequences of her lack of responsibility. She is violating a court order and if you allow that it’s just enabling her to continue without consequences for her choices and actions. Throwing a pillow under her a@@ once again so she has a soft landing. You are not forcing her to do anything, you are following the law set forth by a judge in court. This really is between her and the court your children sadly are the innocents sitting on the sidelines.

As for her clothes, pack them up and send them to her mothers. As for the furniture, what was decided in the divorce? And if the divorce is not finalized yet you have to negotiate that with the least amount of disruption to the child.

Like she can’t have the only TV or the only couch or the only kitchen table. But if there is her great grandmothers china then give it to her.