Old 07-17-2017, 10:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Odear

Do I need help here or is this some kind of "normal"

Ok o **** help me please..
I've known/ still know a few alcoholics so maybe I'm just paranoid I don't know.
Basically I think I might be drinking a bit to much. It's not loads but its quite a lot more that I ever used to drink. Its scaring me because I've seen my friends and heard stories from them when they were drinking.
Ok so I think I may have just submitted this as it was. Ididnt mean to do that.

Ok from the top...
I have always enjoyed a couple of pints on a nice day.. nothing more.
Over the last maybe five years or something its got quite a lot more. Double maybe triple the number of pints on top of liquor or whatever. I generally put it down to social anxiety (which I am actually diagnosed with) but more recently I've been thinking there might be another factor contributing to it. It sounds silly (really silly) but basically I like this girl and she is an alcoholic though she doesn't drink anymore but is it possible that -although she has already rejected me quite brutally. Is it possible that I want to have something in common with her so bad that I am subconsciously trying to 'make myself' an alcoholic?
Another possible reason that I thought of was that I really have nothing to do during the day. I don't work for reasons I won't bore you with but there are valid reasons. I can't just sit around the house so I go down the pub and drink 3-6 pints. Almost daily now.

Anyway I would be grateful for any advice you have to offer.