View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 06:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
dandylion
Community Greeter

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...thing-get-over

I think this is an interesting article on one aspect of grief and loss of a loved one..

I would like to add one more thought to the discussion, Of course, there are many variables in individual situations of loss of "love"....

I can remember having a discussion with a woman (a psychologist) who had several years experience in dealing with traumatic loss...she had been very involved in dealing with the victims of Katrina, in New Orleans...she was one of the emergency responders....
She said that people (in general) dealt with different types of loss according to how it came about....She said that people are more able to go forward with rebuilding their lives after natural disasters and "natural" and expected death, than after loss associated with betrayal of a loved one ---a lover or family member or extremely close/trusted friend.....
I have never forgotten that conversation.....as I have come to believe that there is a lot of truth in it....
I think that a lot of the loss that is discussed on this forum (not all, of course) is about this latter category of loss...