View Single Post
Old 07-15-2017, 07:56 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Seren
Forum Leader

Yeah, I get having an illness that no one sees. I am diabetic, insulin dependent. I wear an insulin pump that frequently gets mistaken for a pager. I'm sorry you have to deal with such serious health issues. I know it makes everything that much harder.

I love the ideas from Dandylion and SparkleKitty! 'Cause I don't have much money right now, either. Is it possible for you to, at some point, move to a smaller and more manageable place? It is a decision I may have to make at some point, too. But am reluctant to do so. It sounds as though you like your home and don't want to have to make that decision, either.

I hate to ask for help, too, but I have had to do it. I have asked friends to help me clean out the attic, to help me work on a front door. I have had friends offer help with whatever I may need--but I have hesitated to ask probably for 2 reasons. 1) I hate to be a burden on anyone, and even when people offer, I feel like I am being burdensome by taking them up on the offer; and 2) It feels to me like I am failing because I can't get it all done myself. I feel like I should be capable, competent, and strong enough to handle it all. I feel like I should be able to be in control of my world (codie much?).

Please keep reaching out, please accept help when it is offered, please keep pursuing every option available. As a single Mom, you deserve all the help you can get!