Old 07-11-2017, 12:48 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Missyk

Originally Posted by babyedwards View Post
I am in tears reading this. I suffer from crippling anxiety and I have since I was 8. I have been prescribed medications but I have a fear of tablets so instead I have turned to drinking..i have been a daily drinker for about 6 years? I drink to curb the panic attacks.
It sucks doesn't it - alcohol then takes the pain away only to return with almighty vengeance, for me I now have started to have panic attacks while I am drinking so there is no fun in it whatsoever.

I think I'm similar, was always a worrier and shy and anxious over stuff wen I was young ,never thought for a second that things would go this wrong . We are on the right site I believe, there is so many people will friendly advice, already I don't feel so alone ,hope you are feeling that way too.

I drink everyday, mornings has been in the last couple of years,just wanting to blot the day out and my brain so can just go sleep again,then the panic the tears the fear of dying ,hate it .

Don't you find your panic attacks getting worse because of it ? Sheer hell I find, can't even stand up cause of shaking soo much 😢. It really is crap knowing that the only way to sort this is to quit the drinking but having read quite alot on this site ,glued to it lol ,so many people have and are enjoying life panic free . So its definitely achievable ,somehow lol X