Old 07-11-2017, 07:23 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
hns0685

Originally Posted by Missyk View Post
Hi John, we have private clinics but they are thousands of pounds a week ...We have aa,na,and addaction clinics that are free ,I guess I really need to admit that I'm not in control of this anymore and get help it's just hard when I don't leave the house. Part of me has given up as I think I have too many problems and don't no where to begin I feel like my doctor has also as I've had councilling and cbt and nothing ever seems to work ,still have the horrible panic attacks and low self worth .. i just don't feel strong enough to fight this anymore X
Hey Missy, In my experience, things have changed a lot over the past few years in regards to rehab/treatment. When I admitted myself, they actually told me to NOT stop drinking or try to cut down before I got there and do NOT try to cut back on my benzos on my own. It is just too dangerous and needs to be medically supervised. Of course under a doctor's supervision there are ways of safely tapering down, but as a general rule these are actually the only 2 drugs that people can die from detoxing. I think going to an AA meeting would be a great place to start- just try to share your story and I'm sure that women will come up to you and be able to give you better advice on what's available in your area. My experience with AA is that people were always so willing to help.

Also, just a side note- I know at this time it may seem impossible to get to an AA meeting sober, but just know that isn't a requirement to go to the meeting. The only requirement to attend is a "desire" to stop drinking. I've gone into AA meetings many times trying to get sober while I was still half drunk and taking my benzos. Not that I'm recommending that, I just don't want you to think that you have to be 100% sober to walk through the door and tell someone what you're going through. You've been on my mind a lot, just know that you can make it through this and reach the other side of being sober and less panic/anxiety! I believe in you!