Old 07-10-2017, 01:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DinaA

Day 1 and I am I don't know if I can do it!

So, I am a functioning alcoholic. I work full-time, raise kids, cook dinners, clean (sort of) etc. The thing is, I drink beer or wine from the very second I get home for work until I pass out. Every single day. On Saturdays and Sundays I start early. It's gotten to the point that I get depressed and agitated if I try not to drink. So I give in and am instantly happy again.

This only started in my 40's. With my kids being older and more self-sufficient I stated to enjoy a glass of wine or 2 in the evening. And then several. And then a bottle. And then beer and wine and it was constant. I used to love to read, go places with my kids, visit friends and family, etc. but now I don't want to do anything but the absolute necessary and drink. And sleep.

This was scheduled to be my day 1 of no drinking but I got a text from my adult daughter who lives with me, saying she has had a hard day and plans to drink. (Just an FYI.) So now I am riddled with anxiety because I will be tempted by it and super agitated that someone is drinking in front of me.

Any advice? Thank you so much.