View Single Post
Old 07-08-2017, 08:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
amy55

Hi SimplyE,

From the short description you gave of your marriage, it still almost feels like it was mine. I also spent over 2 decades with someone, that I shouldn't have been with.

I also had the depression, the isolating myself, etc...

I guess the thing is that what I feel sometimes is not really covered that much is "how do you handle things, after you get out of one of these marriages"?

This forum helped me a lot with the messed up thinking that I developed during my marriage and they helped me to get onto the right path for recovery.

After I was divorced I bought this foreclosure log cabin. This place was really abused and needed a lot of work on it. I was also abused and needed a lot of work and healing on me. So, it felt like everything that I did to fix and heal my log cabin, was also helping to heal me.

I also found out that I really didn't know my likes and dislikes. I had to find them out. I had to rediscover who I was as a person, and what my values were.

I had so much help from this forum. Glad that you are here. I also started here on this forum after my divorce. This is a place for recovery and discovery. To get back to being the person that you really are.

(((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))
amy