Old 07-06-2017, 06:17 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  
MrMcTell

Hi all,

Firstly congrats to NACN and Lonierca! Brilliant. Passing six months is a great achievement. I'm proud of all my peeps here on staying the course and working the sobriety thing. [I haven't been around much so apologies if i missed someone.]

I haven't been posting much as my current job is a real time sink. Not really what I wanted to be stuck doing, but it is supporting many things I do want to be doing, so there is a definite pay off. Other than that I'm just keeping my head down and moving forward. Managed to get poison ivy so that's keeping my mind occupied!

I'm seeing the doctor tomorrow and might decide to come off the antabuse when i hit six months in a couple of weeks time. I'm nervous, Everyone here reaching six months (that's half a year!) has got my AV going quite a bit, which has not really been a problem for me since maybe 3 months in. I know it is common for people to relapse at milestones because they "prove" the problem has been fixed.

I don't think I am close to drinking but I've been feeling pretty restless about my recovery for a little while (not so much today actually, which is good). July 4th BBQ over the weekend was a chore as there was lots of beer drinking going on. I just hung out with the kids and lay in a hammock for most of it and didn't really interact with any adults at all!

My plan right now is to post here every day. Think I'm also going to broaden my recovery podcast listening (I have lots of listening time at the office right now) and read around SR in the evenings a bit more. I was maybe reading for 3-4 hours a day when I first got sober but my work circumstances just don't allow that right now.

Did you get a chance to see any of the cricket DLB? Joe Root, what a man!