Old 07-06-2017, 10:28 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
BrendaChenowyth

I really don't mind if you chat about work stuff, Tetra.

I found out when I got sober last summer that I can be a bit of a pistol at least in the first month.. Once I get past the first 72 hours of withdrawal, I become more outspoken and I can be.. brusque. Here and in person.

Also, awkwardness, in particular the way that some people laugh at things that aren't funny out of nervousness, really really gets under my skin for some reason. When I'm drunk or hungover I do this, but not normally, so maybe that's why.

I walk in to the classroom and this annoying as hell kid says "Hey, did you bring that paper?" I said what paper and he laughed like it was the funniest thing he ever heard.

I'm sorry I just walked in so I missed the first part of that joke. If an assignment is due and I am not aware of it, I don't find it so bloody hilarious. I rolled my eyes a bit and said "No seriously. What are you talking about?"

They stopped laughing quick and answered my question. Just another case of anxious nursing students making a mountain out of a molehill, to make a long story short.

So then our skills teacher comes in and says we don't have to worry about that, because she didn't assign it, fine. But she says let's do some practice med math so you're ready for the test Monday. That same annoying kid starts laughing, again, like something is hysterically funny, and because I have a mouth on me, I say what are you laughing about back there. He says I don't have anything to write with.

???

After the mock test we had to watch some videos and they actually pertained to a subject that makes up 30% of the exam we have Monday so I wanted to pay attention. He's behind me, and is sitting with another girl and they are steady chatting away... I turned around to politely ask them to be quiet because I couldn't hear. They said okay. Promptly continued to whisper. After a couple minutes I moved my seat to the front of the room.

It set me off a little. So someone mentioned having a cigarette and I thought that sounded good so I got a pack on the way home.. smoked one and felt nauseous after.. But point is.. I still have that need to respond to stress or annoyances or discomforts or anything that puts me in a bad mood, by doing something that harms me. I'm not drinking so I smoke. *shaking my head*