Old 07-05-2017, 09:07 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  
Needachangenow

Hi all!

Quick check in...
DLB, I hope the evening workout went well! I think it's great that you are "feeling the burn"!
Ina, I think that the six month point is a great place to re-evaluate and try to figure out where to go from here. I think DLB said the much the same. I am taking inventory, writing down the amazing, small things that have happened since I stopped drinking. Once I have completed the list maybe I will share!
The holiday yesterday was just delightful. The weather was perfect. Started out by running a 4.5 mile road race with my husband (well, he runs a lot faster than I do, so we met at the finish line!). Then we watched my hometown parade, then back to my parents' house for swimming and cookout with my brother and sister and their families! It was a truly lovely day.
My sister in law did mention to me my brother's struggle with drinking, and told me some pretty hair raising stories. I just told her to let him know that I am here should he need me. I know that it has to be a personal decision to stop, and she seems to think he is not there yet. It made me very sad for him.

Tomorrow will be a day with the kids in the city, looking forward to it!

Have a lovely, happy, healthy, sober day my fellow Januarians.
NACN