Old 07-03-2017, 11:35 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Thumper

Originally Posted by honeypig View Post
I suspect the OP is already long gone from here, but I came across another gem of wisdom from SR that I thought I'd post for anyone else who may turn up this thread in a search:

As my grandfather told me: Don't pet a burning dog. You'll either get bitten or catch yourself on fire.

And if an alcoholic isn't the ultimate "burning dog", I'm not sure what would be...

That's all.
Originally Posted by mylifeismine View Post
Yes, I agree about OP, and give my thanks for posting this question!

And I could add, would you like a first, second or third degree burn?
Because burned you will get, and just like the physical healing
from a burn is so exquisitely painful, so too is emotional healing from
a relationship with an alkie.
And when the flames and pain get to intense and you finally pull away you'll most likely get your whole arm chewed off.

Originally Posted by pocketbook View Post
Nope..

All this "not official" and having "the talk" is stupid semantics. It's pretty clear now I need to end a relationship, not not-enter it.

I haven't done that yet, and that scares me. I also want to talk to him about his drinking, I can't not.

It's all I think about and I can't talk to anyone, I'm lying to myself, and I feel ashamed posting here because I should have RUN FOR THE HILLS last Friday.

Never feel ashamed. We all understand exactly how difficult it is. We are all smart and loving and good people and found ourselves in a super complicated and complex situation.

“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.”― Dr. Seuss

Wishing you the very best and I hope you stick around and keep reading and sharing.

That scared feeling is your inner voice whispering up to you to please pay attention. It has your best interest at heart. We get real good at ignoring that little voice if we have to many other voices in our head or want something badly enough.