View Single Post
Old 07-02-2017, 03:30 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
HardLessons

Originally Posted by Cody11 View Post
HardLessons,

Good morning. How are you today?

No, my addict is not in recovery. He's said many times he's going to come off everything but he's never sought help. While he may want to be off drugs, he's too messed up now to stop. It's not just the drug taking, it's the whole process of it. It's his way of life and he's got too many problems that I don't think he could face without the drugs. His family only tolerate him and he knows it. All his real friends have gone. His life consists of junkies, that's it.

He's only on methadone as this saves him money. He manages perfectly well to get high on other stuff. One day when I was down I took him to the chemist for his methadone. On the way back to the house we stopped so he could go and take heroin. We just got back in the house and h was injecting crack. He'd had a load of Valium the night before and ended up in a real bad state - hallucinating, it just wasn't nice to see. That was the day we stopped at a shop and when I was paying for my things, a member of staff came up and told him he had items down his trousers he had to pay for - rather, I had to pay for. I was mortified.

Yeah, their active addicts and from the sounds of both yours and mine, they're stating that way. I think that even if they did rehab, they'd relapse. It's the demons in their head - it's too much for them and in my ones case, I think it would be like too much hard work to face up to everything. Taking drugs to blot it all out is easier.
Cody

You made one interesting point (you made more than one but one really stood out) you said he's only on methadone to save money.

Could very well be why my addict is on methadone now. It wasn't the case when she first got on it. There were specific reasons why she first got on it. She told me all about that time in her life. She has zero plan concerning methadone maintenance. She is on a high daily dose. She just goes through the motions concerning the clinic.

Its all such a mess The crazy things they do which became normal to us. I cant relate to normal anymore Not sure I even know what normal is? She & her life is my normal.

We seem able to recognize this problem & describe it in words. We can describe in words what we need to do. That all is an important step.

Question becomes how do we actually go about doing what we need to do. How do we solve this major problem long term.

I'm glad your sharing your experiences with me. It helps me. Thank you.