Old 06-28-2017, 06:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
atalose

If your Prince Charming’s keep walking away maybe it’s time to examine your approach to dating/relationships and commitment and the type of men you continue to pick. Sounds like you over invest to quickly, 3 months into dating this guy and you are already so in love and in need of that title of being in a committed relationship.

I have a friend who lost her husband about 5 years ago, they were together since high school so she didn’t date much. Today she is on every dating website and begins talking to these guys meeting them and ignoring all the red flags, she over invests in people she hardly knows then she ends up hurt. In her mind each one of these guys is “the one” where she creates in her mind and emotions dream futures with them growing old together and sharing a life together. She keeps on trying to put the square peg into the round hole and grows more and more frustrated with each attempt. She also becomes defensive if any of us (her friends) try and talk to her about it.

Alcoholic = red flag, early recovery = red flag, relapse = BIG RED FLAG, not wanting the same type of committed relationship as you = red flag, telling you he’s not in love with you = red flag.

And as a very wise person here on SR once said......red flags are not party favors!

I guess I have to ask, if he’s not doing anything where this relationship would progress then why would you want to stay?