View Single Post
Old 06-26-2017, 09:49 PM
  # 513 (permalink)  
Delilah1

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Thank you so much Phoenix- I know you are all real. I just feel like a cry baby when I come here and complain about my life. I do need to find a therapist - our new insurance just kicked in this month so it's a good time to start looking. I relieve some stress 5 days a week at the gym, early morning. It's good for me and I'm getting stronger but I still hate my body and I just want that battle to end.

I have been putting myself down since the day I was born. Never good enough. Never skinny enough. Never smart enough. No wonder I drank and drugged for 25 years. I am sure this perfectionist mentality has a lot to do with that and I'm only coming to understand it now, in my sobriety. When I couldn't live up to my expectations, I drank. It's so much easier to say "F" it than to try harder. That's what happened this morning. Despite a great workout I came home and saw myself naked in the mirror and just about died. So I said "to hell with losing weight" and stuffed my face instead. Self sabotage, you know? But you are right - I am NOT drinking.

Anyway, I just got my toddler to nap so now it's time to do some healthy "me " things. I have some books by my side and I found an empty journal. I think I should start writing again to get all these feelings and thoughts out of my head.

Thanks again, it means a lot.
Hi Sunny,

Sorry you has such a rough day. I am really proud of how well you are doing. You have had so many changes in the past few months, and you have handled them well.

I have really worked on being happy with what I currently look like. Since getting sober I've lost 45 pounds, and have kept it off, I'd like to lose another 10, but I'm okay if that doesn't happen. I walk a lot, but need to do a lot more toning than I have.

Your name always brings a smile to my face because I picture a beautiful sunny day, and fields of sunflowers. I also know you are an amazing mom, and your kids are very lucky to have you.

Try to be kind to yourself, and just like with drinking think one day at a time, and progress not perfection.