View Single Post
Old 06-26-2017, 06:10 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  
SoberLeigh

Originally Posted by RedBerryJuniper View Post
Hi everyone,

I was glad I saw my friend, who is still drinking heavily. Not that I am happy that she is, more that I needed to see that, and she needed to see the sober me. We had a chat where my not drinking was the topic, and I simply said it gives me headaches, ruins my sleep, exercise and makes me sad--I said I am becoming intolerant to it.

It was so easy to say it, and she nodded in some sort of agreement. I was worried about explaining but it was easy. She said she would love to go on the lake hiking trails with me sober since that's one of my favorite things to do. It was cool. But hard too--I still saw what alcohol was doing to her, and her husband especially the following morning. That was me not long ago. I am so, so grateful to be free. Even if I have to face the truth and it is ugly. If I can quit they can too. Maybe it will happen. I don't think I can spend a ton of time with her but I don't have to end the friendship either.

I hope you have a great sober day or night and 24 more for me please on Day 62.

xo

Red
62 days is fantastic, Red.

Maybe your conversation will ignite some thoughts of sobriety for your friend. Wouldn't that be great!!!!!!