Old 06-20-2017, 09:46 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  
nexttime

Make the call axe. Procrastination is the addiction talking. Keep doing until you find the thing that sticks. I know change is scary and what you are pursuing is a major lifestyle change. I'm 45. The only thing in life I truly truly wish I could go back in time to do differently is I wish I would have found a way to make this lifestyle change sooner. I never lost a job, had a DUI or lost a marriage because of my addiction but I never achieved what I could have either. I missed a lot of things with my kids. I don't remember a vast majority of family stories that get told around the campfire. Keep fighting for the change. Don't wait for the "major" to ignite the change. I have no idea how I managed to avoid any major disaster other than a massive amount of luck and a minor sliver of control to keep me out of trouble. I would fake myself into thinking I didn't have a problem by avoiding majors. You have recognition I didn't have years ago. Take advantage and do whatever it takes. Not doing things we are addicted to is stupidly difficult. Making life changes to facilitate success in stopping them compounds the task even more. It is hard. It sucks. It is not fun nor enjoyable for a good amount of time. But it does get less hard. It does suck less. It does get better. And then as you pursue additional positive change besides just not drinking it gets even better still. It can turn to a great thing and than one day you realize, understand and believe that falling off sucks more. Do what you need to do to get to this point. Keep fighting for it. I believe it is well worth it and am very thankful I seem to have found it.
Vipe my heart truly hurts for you and for your friend. I unfortunately have nothing new to offer you in words that have not already been said before in this forum but we will still be here listening and offering support.
I still find it awkward to post stuff both here and on general social media. One generation too old maybe. I feel a need to apologize for rambling here. Just the way I am I guess. Anyway chat at you all soon. I best get some work done.