View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 08:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
tealily

Hi and welcome, Jenni!

It's so good you are here. This forum is very supportive and full of wise, caring and experienced people. I can relate to much of what you say.

I'm also a wife, mother and (now former) wine drinker. I also was what you might call highly functional in that no one really knew.. I am successful in the work I do, I volunteer, I keep the household going, but nonetheless my world was getting smaller and smaller. It came to be way too much about wine: Drinking it, buying it, hiding it, recovering from it. It was making me sick and miserable, less and less productive, robbing me of my passions and interests and meaningful time with my children, and taking a toll on my health, looks and energy. To my shame, I realized it had become my main occupation and hobby.

I too started with just weekends, and then it crept to Thursdays and then Sundays.. and then just about every day. Everyone here says it's progressive, and I believe it. First it's a whole bottle of wine, next it'll be a bottle and a half.

I too tried to moderate, but once I had that first glass, all caution would go to the wind.

I've now been without any alcohol for 3 1/2 weeks and am feeling great.

Please stick around here and keep asking questions. The people here are wonderful, and Day 13 is terrific!

If you want to read my introductory story, here's the link:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rate-stop.html

Best wishes!