Old 06-17-2017, 01:12 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  
Ina123

Day 168,

Hey Everyone,

NACN - hope you’re enjoying the few days before the kids are out of school. Very cool to go to Chicago…I’ve always wanted to go! Looks like a beautiful city…you’ll have to report back what it’s like!

Site - Hope your shoulder’s feeling better after the massage

MrM - Congrats on the end of the school year! Hope you’re getting lots done this weekend!

DLB - I’m also so proud of the few of us still going. A small but strong group that I’m so grateful to be a part of

I’ve had a bit of a doozy of a week. I mentioned that I had to bring my Basset Hound into the vet a week or two ago. Well on Monday we brought him into the Oncologist and got the bad news that he has bone cancer. It’s aggressive and has spread. He says he thinks he may live till the end of summer I’m hoping he makes it till the first snowfall to get one more little run in the snow, but we’ll see. We have checkups at the vet every few weeks. Our main concern is that he’s not in pain and have meds for that. He’s 10 1/2 so he’s an older dog. My boyfriend has had him since he was a puppy, but we’ve been together for 9 years so I’ve become his mom over the years I’m heartbroken, but so grateful that I’ve had the last 5 1/2 months sober with him. I really do feel like we've gotten closer and have enjoyed every minute to the fullest. So the plan now is to enjoy the summer and spoil him with walks, snuggles and treats.

Other than that my AV has been pretty loud this week. I find myself angry I can’t drink and at the same time frustrated at how much time I've wasted from drinking. I know, ridiculous. I think I’m also so used to using alcohol when things are bad/good that dealing with my emotions sober is still a bit of a learning curve. As far as getting over cravings, I've been staying pretty close to SR this week just reading a lot and going on chat. I’m also trying to be a bit more proactive in my future and looking into classes and workshops to better my career. I have to start letting go of the fact I wasted those years and instead spend the time figuring out how to move forward.

Anyways, today I’m feeling much more positive so that’s good. I read this forum every day and get strength from all of your posts, so thank you.
Hope you’re all enjoying your weekend!