Old 06-13-2017, 12:09 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  
kenton

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry you felt a bit off yesterday Ananda and I'm so pleased you posted about it. Sometimes I can be feeling all glitter and glowy and suddenly out of the blue my mood comes crashing down and I think, "what the hell caused that??" Then I remember that I'm fighting for my life every day inside my own head and I remember it's ok to feel tired and overwhelmed and off every so often. I think you are doing amazing Ananda. You're always there for us and it's so important that we post when days are not all shiny and sunny. Life is just as much about the cloudy days. If we didn't have the cloudy days we'd never notice the sun. I love you Ananda xxx

One thing I'm remembering about myself is that I am freakily good at picking up vibes and energy off other people. I could do it as a child. I could tell as soon as someone walked in the room if they were upset about something. Once I started drinking, obviously all this got blurred and I forgot that maybe I was picking up vibes off other people and thought that anything I felt was due to some craziness going on inside my own head. Yesterday I was picking up my kids from school and a mum I don't know very well walked past and I just knew something was off with her. I approached her and the next thing she was sitting in my car in tears because she's having some horrible personal problems. I think just being there and listening helped her a little and I told her I'd check in with her later to see how she's feeling today. I guess what I'm trying to say is that sometimes we may be feeling all glitter and glowy and then pick up on someone else's sadness and because we're addicts there's a tendency for us to blame the sudden shift in our mood on our addiction and ourselves. Rather than just accepting that this is just the natural ebb and flow of normal life.

Feel so lucky that we live in an age where we can be connected to each other and I can talk about picking up on vibes without feeling too weird or judged. Thank god I didn't live in the olden days when they were hunting down any female who was a bit different and burning them as witches. I would definitely have got a bit crispy. Much love to everyone. The sun is shining in the UK. Looks like a great day to be sober xxxxxx