View Single Post
Old 06-12-2017, 07:20 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
KCRock29

Originally Posted by tealily View Post
KCRock,

Welcome! So glad you are here.

You say you are content with your drinking pattern, but I'd like to offer this observation, intended kindly: If it has crossed your mind that you "like to cut back to once a week", "someday," and you have looked up information on drinking to the point that you found this forum, I wonder if your instinct is telling you that you are in danger, and not on the best track for a good and healthy life.

Brewing your own beer, feeling that you have to drink it because of that, Googling amounts of beer that are ok .. I would say these could be warning signs.

If you look back to 5 years ago, were you drinking less in a week typically? I guarantee that 5 years from now you won't be drinking less, you'll most likely be drinking quite a bit more. Then you'll be 32, and wishing you had headed it off when you were 27 and had a gut feeling that you were not on the best path.

Excuse me if I'm being too blunt. I'm glad you are part of the forum and want to learn. I hope that in your looking around you will recognize some of the common patterns of drinking, and how it progresses, and that it will help you.

Please keep posting!
I'd say I'm content with my drinking. I'm not in full control honestly, but basically the weekend comes around and Friday-Sunday I'm drinking each night. Then I lay off during the week. I'd like to take a full weekend off from drinking, and maybe that'd be this weekend coming up.

As far as if I was drinking less 5 years ago, I'd say no. 5 years ago I was drinking 5 nights a week, and it was typically whiskey.

I try to be self aware, so I like learning about other peoples patterns and then looking at myself as well. Like, I'm not a sex addict, but I'd probably check out and learn about sex addiction just to educate myself.

I hope Context is doing ok. I stayed up waaaay too late on Friday night talking with him in the chat room.