Old 06-12-2017, 01:23 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  
kenton

I just Googled The Shack. Looks really good. I'm going to read it, thanks for the recommendation Dee

Kev, it's tricky with events like weddings when society dictates you have to drink poison to toast the happy couple. Which when you think about it is completely bonkers!! Could you maybe drink orange juice in a champagne flute so it looks like bucks fizz or sparkling water in a wine glass? Remember that at events like that, people have got so many of their own thoughts racing around their heads, they may not pay too much attention to what you're drinking. I'm not doing AA steps so I don't know about step 12 but I do know that I am a creature of extremes. I'm either completely distant or far too attached. Correction. That's how I USED to be. I'm changing, we all are and I'm trying so hard to become more balanced. Clarity brings me balance and sobriety brings me clarity so I reckon if I stay sober and continue seeing the world as it truly is, not what my AV wants me to believe about the world, maybe a balanced approach to everything will become second nature. Fingers crossed. That's the long term goal.

Steely, you know it already but for the sake of completeness, YOU ARE NOT A CRETIN! You are thoughtful, clever, funny and kind. You are the opposite of a cretin. You are a cretout if such a word exists. You know it Steely and we know it xx

I don't know anything about face to face issues in AA meetings Ananda but I do know a little about dog washing. My dog loves rolling in stuff and acquiring an unpleasant scent but he hates getting the scent washed off him. And he's a labrador that loves to swim. He loves the sea, lakes, puddles.... The dirtier the water the better. But clean water? He runs a mile. Hope you got the dogs washed Ananda and thank you for all your pearls of wisdom. And they are pearls. You always sound so measured and reflective Ananda. Compared to you, I feel like I bulldoze my way through life never really aware of how I'm coming across to others. I'm learning a lot from you Ananda so thank you very very much.

Learning loads from you all. Hope everyone is doing well and I look forward, as ever, to hearing from you all xxxxx