Old 06-11-2017, 04:04 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  
Ananda

Yes Kev ... I agree with Steely ...

It seems like AA is really helping you sort things out. It has done that for me on many occasions. You might want to think about what happens to you when you drink ... at first blush it may seem like alchohol was fun ... but it also made me feel good...why didn't I feel good enough? And in time, Alchohol became the solution to every problem.

I also ws thinking that when I was 29, over 2 years in AA and the same time sober... I drank again... yep I seemed to have control, but that was an illusion. It was like playing Russian roulette back then ... I might just drink a night to black out, or I might be back in the bottle for weeks, months or even years.

Maybe not play Russian roulette today, and maybe there would be one family member you could tell that it is imperative that you not drink and let them give you some support.

And some people claim they can't cause of medicine they take...but that might not work with family who might start freaking about what is wrong...

Yes steely .. views opinions and thoughts ... almost everything is a result of my experiences, it's just that I usually don't know if my views are correct ... I usually don't have all the information and can't read peoples minds etc. a lot of what gets us to a view is oh I don't know You scrambled my brain! See I'm not so smart

I just know that everyone's "memory" of an event is usually a bit different (example). Of course I have lots of views, opinions and ideas of all types! And boy do they sometimes drive me into talking out my arse about things I don't really know!!! and assumptions galore They are fine ... I just try to remember that weather its my memories or my opinions ... they are almost always changing a bit here and there as I go along...so I try to just take them for what they are worth.

When I spaze out later about something, will you guys remind me of all this stuff... I can talk the talk, but when the rubber meets the road I tend to just swirl into a storm. It's only later I can see...