View Single Post
Old 06-11-2017, 11:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
August252015

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Sometimes drastic change is necessary Fightingfotme. Certainly it's not impossible to work around alcohol and be sober, but it's a heck of a lot harder. The people we hang out with and the activities we participate in might need significant change too....looks like you realize that too. Talking it through here first is a good choice too, glad you came beer for advice.
I'm a server and for ME - it is absolutely not harder than any other job would be. That's because I am a dedicated AAer and my problem has been removed thanks to my daily recovery work and maintenance of a good spiritual condition. I could work anywhere and know that I will not drink.

That said, working in F&B is certainly not a good place for everyone because alcoholism and addiction ARE rampant and many places (including the one where I work) are from benignly (ha) tolerant of drinking and drugging all the way to A-ok drinking on the job and more.

Are you working a program? Would you? Would you accept you cannot drink again and do everything to support that decision? If so, I believe you can have freedom and peace in all areas of your life.