Old 06-11-2017, 10:26 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  
Ananda

I sorta got "called out" without my name being spoken in the AA meeting. Called out may be a bit harsh ...

I had told someone in a meeting once that sometimes the people in AA get tired of people who keep getting drunk.

So ... I had a reaction...which means I have to look at why ... as I comptenplated this, I found several things.

1. My comment was too general ... it would be more accurate to say that some people in AA. I think it is probably "most", but I should have gone low on this.

2. I was sharing my experience, and she shared that it was not her experience. So why was that upsetting ... well I tend to think that my experience is the only experience and that is just not so. I'm sure her experience is real and she correctly stated it.

3. When I say "my experience" it is suppose to only indicate that we only share our experience, not our opinions and views, etc. However I almost always emphasis the MY ... as if it is somehow more important cause it is mine, or as if anything else anyone experiences would be untrue. I'm gonna have to watch that!

4. She was doing something I often do. She was concerned the newcomers in the room might be afraid to come back after a drink based on what I said. She turned into Mama bare. She sounded attaching ... and how often do I do that? well quite a bit. And I have to say that I do these things a lot more In AA (in an inappropriate manner) than I do on these threads... not sure why except maybe I still have some resentments and haven't let go of how things were 3 years ago ... therefore missing how things may be now.

5. I don't own the truth. My perceptions and views and opinions are just that ... Every one has a diferent perception, view and opinion.

Anyhow ... just wanted to share about my troublesome relationship with face to face. I'm working on it as I think it is helpful to have f2f when possible. Plus I care about many of the people and often get great comfort in a share.

I think Steely is still in bed, and Kenton is at dinner....