Old 06-11-2017, 05:58 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  
Ananda

I thank you all for adding a level of joy and of support that was missing in my sobriety!

The corner of the eye thing is actually the title of a Dean Kontz book that I enjoyed. I came to associate it with my father after his death and later Connie.

After dad died, one time I was upstairs and I could have sworn I caught a glimpse of him out of the corner of my eye. I have some really odd thoughts and beliefs about time as an illusion, so this all fit very well in my belief system (which could be right or wrong...just is what it is LOL).

So when I can't "see" "touch" or "hear" someone, I think of them being there, just out of sight. Sorta like the deer around my little woods. To quote small soldiers (I think that was the movie) "just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there"!

I'm glad everyone's visits went well. I find that there are people who love me being sober and then those who wanted me sober, but don't like the results ... It has taken away the ammunition, much as Kenton said.

Now Steely! Can I call you Captain Dork from now on???? (in a loving way).

I get to be Private 1st Class Dork grouphug: