Old 06-09-2017, 12:42 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  
Steely

No, throw nothing out .

That's exactly what I'm trying to tackle now all this 'stuff' that I hang onto like shite to a blanket and which I am trying to organise. Papers, filing all that jazz.

Just keep books that I have sentimental attachment and old books maybe of value. Books are hard to toss.

Some clothes are a waste of space and time. Also hard to toss, but I will and I am.

I used to be a printer, bookbinder, table hand, and books and their production really interests me. Gilt and marble edgings and impressions but where women were kept from these more interesting tasks to the more mundane work.

My old books need rebinding. They would look great. Would have to get a professional bookbinder because I don't have those skills. Wonder why?

It was rare for a woman to be a printer back then and very "closed shop" blokes union whose roots come from the church because of the bible being printed.

The union hierarchy addressed themselves as "brother". It was a good union but very male dominated.

Don't know how I finished up here but as I'm only replying to your first post nands can only say it is difficult to relinquish 'things' but also very liberating.

Again, afraid of losing post so will close with love to all.