View Single Post
Old 06-07-2017, 10:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
tealily

Hi and welcome. We are so glad you are here.

SR is a wonderful resource; you are fortunate to have found it. I am new here, but there are so many wise and experienced people in this community who can point you in the right direction.

I can sympathize and relate and I know that you are doing the right thing in seeking help. Your screen name says it all: "Life is worth it." Your family is worth it. Your health is worth it. YOU are worth it. You know the cycle you've been on is no good and, from all I know, it WILL progress and get worse.

I, too, hid drinking from my family. But eventally the effects aren't hidden at all. All that is good, real, healthy and meaningful goes by the wayside, taken up instead by nothing but waiting to drink, thinking about drink, hiding drink, recovering from drink.

Your children are still so young.. now's your chance to head this off, to be a good example for them and to be fully present for them. My kids are the same age range as yours, but teen-agers now. My wake up call was my youngest calling me out, finally, on my secretive drinking. I want to be a better mother and wife, and live a better life for myself, unashamed and healthy.

Please stick around here, read and post often! There is so much compassion and wisdom here. I know others will welcome you soon and give you help on how to start. You've taken the first step.