Old 06-06-2017, 06:29 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  
LadyBlue0527
Mini Novel Post Writer

Originally Posted by BrendaChenowyth View Post
I know I come here and talk about recovery non-related stuff... This has become part of my routine for decompressing at the end of the day, if it's a crazy day..

I'm in bed right now. I'd go to a meeting if I felt like moving at all, but I don't. On the plus side, that means I'm not going to the liquor store..

This is not a means of staying sober..

I went back out two days in a row.. I get to where I feel really really good and then I go back out. I won't drink tomorrow then Thursday my mood will be almost too happy, level off Friday, Saturday I begin to get cranky and I drive past a particular bar and grill and get a 6 pack of pounders. Sunday I am tired and don't study (this time around luckily I studied enough and studied the right way, and did very well even without going over it again on Sunday). Stressed Monday after exam and several hours of packed lecture, and I go back out again, waking up with a hangover for clinical, feeling so drained at the end of clinical day one that I have no interest to do it Tuesday night... repeat cycle..

So I drink two nights a week, and AV is using this fact to it's advantage.. as well as the fact that I can stay focused all day, learn, ask questions, etc at clinical despite a hangover...

On another note, can I just say newborns absolutely terrify me? Omg, any desire I might have had to have a baby of my own is gone.
Brenda, thank you for sharing something so raw and honest. I can identify with what you said. Minus my horrific, assured, eventual rock bottoms your drinking sounds a lot like mine was. I'm glad you're here.