Old 06-05-2017, 03:49 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Tetra

I have had a hard day. I came face-to-face with a mouse in my bathroom and ran down the stairs screaming. My mom rolled her eyes and said "I thought you were dying. When we were young we were delighted to get a bed without cockroaches". Both my parents come from farming backgrounds and I don't.
Obviously I've seen mice and rats before. Not as close as that though and not in my personal space! I don't like things that "scurry" and crawl. I detest spiders for example. A few weeks ago at work I was typing away. Sometimes the doctors are not clear on the tape and it is helpful to have the patients chart as well so I was typing with one hand and the other I had on the chart and I saw this black thing moving towards my fingers. I jumped up and the other girls were laughing their heads off and saying "don't put it on my desk, put it out the window". In the middle of this the phone rang and we had to explain that there was a spider and there was uproar...

Anyway I had a chat with my father tonight. I asked him about his thoughts on life, seeing how 44 years of marriage is a long time and if he has any regrets? He said "no way. I don't believe in regrets. Who is to say my life would be any better if I had made different choices in the past? Our main purpose in life is to make the most of the life we have been given. To tell the truth it is a beautiful world. People just often turn the lights out on themselves".

I'll have to get him to write these things down so I can look back on them in years to come.