View Single Post
Old 06-03-2017, 09:42 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
LexieCat
A work in progress

He's TRYING to scare you. He's basically DARING you to try divorcing him. First, are you documenting his drinking? Keeping a log? That will help when/if you go to court. Remember, his alcoholism WILL progress. As I predicted, he had this relapse planned. He's using your comments about relying on a pill to put some of the blame on you. That's BS. He knew he would drink, and that's why he quit taking the Antabuse. I'd be willing to bet that wasn't the FIRST drink he'd had, either--my bet is that he started drinking as soon as the Antabuse wore off and has been hiding it. He hasn't been truthful about anything else, has he?

Have you talked to a lawyer? Even if you stayed, you wouldn't be able to protect the kids from the effects of living with an alcoholic parent. The lawyer may be able to explain the likelihood of getting supervised visitation, alcohol monitoring, etc. If he WERE to move an hour and a half away, it seems unlikely you'd have shared custody. It would be unworkable for the kids' schooling to be traveling back and forth during the week.

I'd strongly recommend getting some legal advice.