View Single Post
Old 06-03-2017, 09:14 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Mizzuno

Originally Posted by SoberRunner View Post
Thank you Mizzuno! Congrats on your soon-to-be 90 Day achievement... 90 days is "longterm" to me, because I haven't gone 30 consecutive days w/o drinking since I started drinking almost 10 years ago. So bad!

I'll definitely be making a lot of changes... Especially accepting the fact that I can no longer drink.
You can do this. Changes can and will take place. I structure the days so that what I am doing cannot include alcohol.

For the first 30 days, I worked, came home and ate dinner, took a bath to wash off the day and logged onto to SR. I read and post if needed/ wanted. The 24 hr club was and is an important tool to be personally accountable. (Ive lapsed on posting as of late but should most likely get back to it) Going to bed early was important as I healed emotionally, mentally and physically. I made everyday an important day where a hangover could not be a part of the equation.

With each change and each day sober this whole thing becomes easier and more normal.

The trick is complacency for me. Emotional overload or huge life stress. The real big proof will be when one year hits. This is when I have relapsed. Twice. So, I am doing everything in my power to gain a seriously strong foundation that cannot be knocked down.