Old 06-02-2017, 09:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Knat84

Not sure...

Originally Posted by tomls View Post
Sounds like you need to get yourself better, what ever it takes! Is your other half interested in stopping with you?
I think in his heart of hearts, he feels bad about daily drinking, again. He thinks it is his fault that I went back into it… He has only said that once, however. We were at a restaurant last May, and he ordered an IPA. He said to me, "what is the harm in just having one sip?" I refused. It just smelled so good and...I was literally burying my face in my plate so I didn't have to smell it. This was when he was in outpatient, as well. Probably should not have been drinking, but you know how it goes. Oy vay...
So, is he interested in stopping with me? I think he would be… But I would have to be the one who (grudgingly) initiated it. I mentioned the rehab facility to him, and me being away for an entire month, the cost, and he went nuts. We really cannot drop $20,000 right now.

I think I came back here so I could receive the help I desperately need from you guys. How to cope with the cravings. I mean, I have been drinking heavily pretty much every night for an entire year. Jesus.