View Single Post
Old 05-30-2017, 07:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BartShelbyGT

Long Weekend, A Little Scared....

Newb here. Lurked a lot, but never posted. Thankful there is a resource like this. Long story short, I've been sober since 11-21-16, until... last Friday. My wonderful wife and son went to my in-laws now that school is out, and for whatever reason, I've been basically drunk since.

Averaged 15 to 20 beers a day for 4 days now. Called in sick today (which I NEVER do). Was using it as a water/vitamin regimen to do day 1, and day 1 sucks. Then got a call a close family member was dying, and I need to make a 2.5 hour drive tomorrow and then go to a hospital to see him.

I started drinking again when I heard that. Had 8 beers, then knew I gotta stop. I have 4 beers left. Was planning to try and let my BAC fall, then do about 1 an hour to try to avoid the worst of the anxiety and depression that always comes with coming down. Plus water and daily vitamin. I have a Xanax scrip, but booze and benzos are bad together: Have to wait until BAC is zero (or almost zero) before I take one, but I know I will need it when the time comes.

Sorry to be a whiny wimp, but I'm scared of this come down and then the situation tomorrow. Got vacation the rest of the week, so work not a problem. I fear the coming down.

By the way, I'm 44, 6'3", 250 lbs, relatively good shape. Mild hypertension (135 over 75ish). Based on how much and how many days I drank, should I be concerned about DTs? Never had them before, just anxiety, but it's been a while since I was drunk and I'm scared.

Last edited by BartShelbyGT; 05-30-2017 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Fat fingered it