Thread: Brain damage
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2017, 04:13 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
tomsteve

Originally Posted by Weev1l View Post
I'm afraid. I can't actually do any of those things unless someone actually physically demonstrates how to do them. Then I'd probably need reminding. It'd be excruciating to even try. My days are made up of apologising for my stupidity and forgetfulness. My teeth are clenched in terror as I write this. If I smile and keep quiet, I might go under their radar.
Who would I ask? Aaaaahh. Someone very kind did give me a BB tho. It's in my drawer. I could try reading it.
Just don't say anything now I've admitted all that.
welp, i didnt drink coffee. only had 1 1/2 cups in my life. never brewed a pot before. i needed some instructions from someone. and had to be reminded( yeah,weird- its coffee- water and coffee, but how much!LOLOL).
i strrongly encourage ya to get some courage. it wasnt easy for me either. working the steps i learned i was afraid- i had fear of what others would think of me-low self esteem. i had that from before i even started drinking.
and the solution- what myself and my HP think of me is more important than what others think of me. i have to remember what others think of me is none of my business. what I think of me and what my HP think of me is.
another part of the solution was/is doing things that help buld up my self esteem and one of those things was doing service work.
and open that book! im sure there are stories in the back that you can relate to. even in the first 164 pages im sure you'll read you in there.
pretty wild how a book published 29 years before i was born described me pretty darn good.
its like they knew or sumthin.
or maybe alcoholic tend to have commonalities.