View Single Post
Old 05-21-2017, 04:07 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
TiredDad

Originally Posted by Deelilah View Post
Yall saying I'm a great dad has been working on my mind. I don't really see it. I feel as I'm just being dad and doing what a parent need to do. What I'm supposed to be doing.

You're right, of course. However, I honestly think it is an accomplishment in and of itself to do what we're supposed to be doing when we're involved with an addict. You're right, it changes us and damages us. It twists us up. It makes what would have been an easy and obvious situation with another partner so much harder to comprehend. Our minds get screwed with.

You're giving your kids a gift by being a good responsible dad. They desperately need one sane parent.
Deelilah
Your on target that it screwed with our minds. 18 years ago when we met I would have put up with zero drugs and the behavoir that goes with it.

As I dig me back out. I ask myself sometimes how the heck I got here.

It's not any different than any of the other threads I read here. It didn't happen over night. It was slow changes over time that I over looked because I didn't want to see them. (Working on that too. ) that got me here.
Now that I'm here I'm trying to get my head twisted back on strait on the main people in my life that didn't have a choice in all this. The kiddos