View Single Post
Old 05-20-2017, 08:11 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Mizzuno

Originally Posted by Jay81 View Post
I started down this horrid path 2 years ago. When I expressed to my loved ones that I think I might have a problem, it was always met with "Well don't drink then." or "I'm sure you're fine, you don't day drink." But I'm not fine. I'm tired, I'm tired of the anxiety I have every morning when I try to piece the night before back together. What did I say/do? Did my husband have to pick me up off of the floor again? How did I get this bruise? I dumped the bottle.
I can relate to this 100%. Every day I was hungover. Every day I was quitting and by the end of the day, I was drunk. I had a problem. A big ******* problem. Anxiety was monumental. Depression was creeping in. I just could not understand how I had gotten so messed up and I was scared I was going to die. I drank knowing full well that I had alcoholism.

The steps I took to gain some footing in sobriety:
I logged onto this site and posted.

I did not buy any wine.

We made changes in the home where there is no alcohol allowed from Sunday to Thursday. Friday and Saturdays are for my SO to drink and that is only after all chores and business has been taken care of.

I made the decision to stop abusing myself and started to recognize that I was worthy of a life that did not include pain everyday.

I checked into the 24 hour thread.

I ate dinner when I came home.

I took a bath or shower to get rid of the day

I watched a show or two on Netflix and went to bed.

I still do all of these things and it has given me 2 months of alcohol free living.

You are capable and can free yourself. Its one day at a time. Take action and move forward. Soon enough, with a new set of rituals, you will experience a healthier version of you.