View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 09:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
TiredDad

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
it's totally NORMAL to want your son's MOTHER to be his mother. and the "expect" that just seeing his sweet face would melt all the "evil" away and snap her out of it.

and yet she can't be bothered. there is something damaged inside of her.

now that the big MOM event is passed, you can lower expectations, limit visitation, and not let the kid get set up for disappointment. and that means to protect him from her.

which totally blows, but it is what it is.

you're a great dad.
AnvilheadII
Expectations are definitely lowered. The late afternoon text of "I'm sorry, started my period and cramping super bad. " coupled with "I would come by but sounds like I shouldn't. " We're the icing on the cake of BS.
I am sorry for our son and daughter that their mom is lost to addiction. My daughter is strong for a 16 year old. She just assume she doesn't come. She said last night that mom stopped being mom when she chose to do drugs.
My son is 5 and as hard as it is your rite about protecting him from the emotional pain this continues to inflict.
I'm thinking of asking my lawyer if he can request clean hair follicle test and random drug screens to go with supervised visits.