Old 05-10-2017, 08:56 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
CanadianRose

Originally Posted by Hechosedrugs View Post
Thank you all. There was one moment during our first big argument where I looked him in the eyes and said, "I know this. I won't do it again."

It was like the mask slipped. He seems so great, but then the slightest disagreement and man, what an ass.

We've only been together for 3 months, but things were moving so quickly. He talked about marriage from day one, and those talks were becoming more and more intense. I'd moved a bunch of my clothes in and was practically living there. Today while he was at work I moved everything out and left a note. I just said I love how he is with the kids, I love how we are together, but I don't feel that we communicate effectively. He must have come home early, because he called and was very stand-offish. I asked how he was doing and he said, "Oh, I'm good" in the snottiest way possible. Then he said "I'll let you get back" and "Take care". No "I love you", no mention whatsoever of the note.

Guess it's over? Dodged the bullet? Man, it's hard. I really thought I'd gotten lucky- found love on the first try after divorce. Would have been great. But I do know the drill. As Ariesagain said, passive aggression becomes less passive over time.

What's so confusing is in some ways it's the opposite of my ex. Whereas XAH always seemed to say all the right things, but his actions were crappy, this guy's actions were stellar, it's his words that sucked.

Funny, that.
Yeah, the guy I was talking about was the first actual boyfriend I had after my first husband and I split. I wanted to believe that I had gotten lucky too and found me a good man so easily. It does suck. Hurt my heart and self-esteem to know that I fell for a fake person.

This guy was so awful and so good at pretending to be great that THREE of his exes reached out to me after I broke it off with him to offer support! He has his own ex-wives/girlfriends club, lol. The stuff he put them through...whoo. Had I not gotten out of that early on, I'd have wound up seriously messed over and possibly beaten up.

I have no doubt that you just dodged a major bullet. The LAST thing you need after being with an addict is being with an abusive man.