Thread: Why?
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 12:42 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
AlwysConflicted

Originally Posted by teatreeoil007 View Post

And, IMO, the best country music vocalists were bluegrassers first. Here is a short list: Vince Gill, Ricky Skaggs, Patty Loveless, Alison Krauss, Chris Stapleton, Travis Tritt.

What's my point? People really do yearn for the basic roots. Even rock bands tend to do an "unplugged" version of theirselves.
You seem to have a deep appreciation of music which is definitely something I relate to. I love beautiful music of most categories (providing they actually use instruments instead of computers to make their music with ). The music I love most is indeed music from my childhood that my dad would often play that i mostly ignored back then but which ive come to love and appreciate. It is true when you say that we yearn for our basic roots. Even in the music i chose to listen to its as if im yearning for a simpler time.

I don't listen to a lot of country music but I appreciate it for being what I consider 'real' music. Music which portrays the artists talent as a musician and lyrics with meaning. Some of the popular songs of today are so shallow and awful after hearing them a few times you can't bear to hear it again but great classics produced for the love of music not the love of money can be heard over and over and over again and they still remain just as beautiful. Poetry in music.

Ive always absolutely loved piano. I have always wanted to learn to play better as used to have lessons as young and the couple of songs I can play (badly) make me happy. I would love to improve and have often considered lessons but when it came down to putting in the effort to actually do it I never bothered. Shame. Real shame. These are the things I should be spending my time with. These are the things which can offer you that fulfillment you seek.