View Single Post
Old 05-02-2017, 08:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
freshstart57
Self recovered Self discovered

Originally Posted by noneever View Post
It's telling me that soon, in a few days when I feel physically better and the memory of the disgusting hangover passes, I am going to want to drink again. That sooner or later, I'm going to get uncomfortable and unhappy and will want to drink to make it go away.
IT wants to drink, no doubt, simply because that is ITs nature. YOU, on the other hand, know better, you know what WILL happen should YOU continue drinking, and are able to make a rational choice. YOU choose survival. IT, on the other hand, does not give a rat's pitootie about you. YOU know that drinking does not make you comfortable and happy, drinking messes everything. Every dang time.

Look at what happens when you look at what you wrote and change just a couple letters. IT will want to drink, not YOU. IT will feel uncomfortable, not you. You will feel fabulous because you are making life giving choices this time instead of feeling ashamed, and depressed, and miserable and anxious. Remember, IT wants to drink, and YOU don't. When you get those drinking ideas, understand their source, and that source is IT, not YOU. This is how you separate yourself from the beast.

How do you know there is this separation now between YOU and IT? You know this, deep in your center of being, because you have made a Big Plan. You have thought carefully about it, considered it from every side, and YOU KNOW that this is YOU. The drinking thoughts are IT.

Should you find the idea of the AV upsetting, just remember that YOU are in control. You operate the machinery. You choose what your actions are.

YOU can do this, Noneever. I have 100% confidence in you, even if you do not. It really is that easy. That lack of confidence is the Beast. You got this.