View Single Post
Old 04-29-2017, 12:12 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
abcowboy
No quitting on yer quit eh!

I needed a day like yesterday, and it’s carrying over into today! For the past 6 weeks or so, I haven’t been in the best of moods, work, weather, taxes, etc, etc. Any or all of them were great excuses to drink, but I didn’t drink because I knew all those things would pass, get solved, or solve themselves.

First thing yesterday morning after getting ready for work I texted my cousin who celebrated his 2nd soberversary! I congratulated him on his hard work on getting in 2 years of sober living. We texted for a bit and it put me in a better frame of mind about being grateful for my sobriety. The day started cloudy, but the clouds soon moved on and the sun came out! Ended up a beautiful day and today is the same.

Our daughter texted with great news about her educational qualifications being accepted and approved in Canada, and that just added more excitement to my day. And to top it off, I got an email accepting my bid for the plumbing, heating, and a/c on a new house that I quoted!

I went from lots of depressing reasons to drink, to some great reasons to drink, and I still didn’t drink! Why? Because drinking wouldn’t have made any of those things better. Or worse. It would have been just me drinking. That’s not who I am or who I want to be. I know that the bad times will pass, the good times will return, and drinking won’t accomplish anything….que sera sera…..